When was the last time you paid less than “a highway robbery price” for a cup of coffee at your favorite coffee shop? Yes, the price of a latte or a cappuccino has become unbelievably high in recent times. While the best coffee houses do make the best cups of coffee, you can mimic their results by simply buying yourself the best milk frother and making your own coffee at home.
The beauty of these machines is that they are very easy to use. Furthermore, they are relatively affordable although if you weigh their price against how much time you waste standing in line and how much money you spend on a cup of coffee at Starbucks every morning, you will see that they are not only affordable, they are an absolute bargain.
Savvy homeowners have realized that they can simply buy themselves an espresso machine, a milk steamer and a host of other home appliances such as smokers to bring that gourmet restaurant experience right into their homes. Whether you go for a manual milk frother or an electric frother option, the bottom line is that you will be one step closer to not only saving yourself a lot of coffee money each year but to also making yourself the best cup of coffee every day. The best part is that the coffee you make will be precisely to your liking.
If you are ready to take the leap and find yourself the best milk frother for your home, here are a few wonderful options that you may consider. Every one of these milk frother reviews covers a machine that is not only built to last but also with the utmost standards of quality in mind. Below are some of the different types of milk frothers in the market and some of the best options to get you started on this exciting journey.
Joyoushousehold.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
|PowerLix Milk Frother||Handheld||9.4 / 10|
|Nespresso Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother||Detachable base||9.2 / 10|
|Aerolatte Milk Frother||Handheld||9.2 / 10|
|HIC Milk Creamer Frother||Manual||9 / 10|
|Breville BMF600XL Café Milk Frother||Detachable base||8.5 / 10|
|Bonsenkitchen Electric Milk Frother||Handheld||8.2 / 10|
|SIMPLETASTE Milk Frother||Electric||8 / 10|
The PowerLix Milk Frother is designed for people who are keen on enjoying cafe style cappuccinos or lattes every day at their own convenience. As a battery operated, ergonomically designed milk frother, the PowerLix Milk Frother would be the perfect addition to any modern kitchen.
The beauty of it is that it does so much more than just give you creamy frothed milk in seconds. It can also be used to mix other drinks including cocktails. It is exceedingly easy to use. All you need to do is get your hot milk (even cold milk works) and put it in a cup. After that, just plunge the frother almost halfway through and then turn it on and move it up and down. In less than 20 seconds you will have the creamiest milk froth.
Made out of stainless steel, this frother is both easy to use and easy to clean. It is designed with the utmost quality in mind and reliability. To show you just how much confidence the company has in its own products, this frother comes with a 100% lifetime warranty.
It’s beautifully styled, easy to use, has a lifetime warranty and works in seconds. It’s hard to see why this frother wouldn’t be on your buy list. Furthermore, it is extremely affordable.
- This is an excellent multipurpose tool that not only gives you excellently frothed milk but that can also be used for a variety of other purposes including mixing milkshakes, cocktails, drinks, soups, dressing and eggs.
- It is a highly portable handheld frother that is very easy to use.
- It is perfectly designed to fit in very well with your kitchen’s decor. This frother features beautiful styling and versatility. It comes to you in a variety of colors including black, red and silver. It is also ergonomically designed to offer you a soft touch when using it as well as make it very easy to clean.
- As a battery powered mixer, this milk frother is the cordless option which means you don’t have to worry about it cluttering up your kitchen or getting tangled up with other appliances nor finding sockets.
- It’s designed to work extremely fast and you will have creamy froth almost immediately. You will definitely be enjoying your cup of almond milk coffee in no time at all.
- It even comes with a free recipe book for your enjoyment.
The Nespresso Aeroccino Plus Milk Frother is the ideal milk frother for people who Yo-yo between lattes and cappuccinos. Designed to help you blend the perfect cup for both, the frother is not only easy to use but also very easy to clean. It has a one push button that allows you to turn it on and off at will and thanks to the detachable base, it is very easy to clean.
Although it might cost you a little bit more than most frothers on this list, what you need to remember is that this is a premium product that is designed with quality, functionality and durability in mind. It gives you the best value for money by creating rich, creamy and dense milk froth in just a few seconds. Thanks to the two magnetized spinning disks, you have the opportunity to create rich milk foam for either a latte or a cappuccino.
With the capability to heat you milk up to between 140 – 150 degrees, this Nespresso Aeroccino milk frother achieves the optimal temperature to bring out the ultimate sweetness in your milk. With the capacity to make coffee for two, this is the ideal frother for a small household that enjoys the luxurious taste of homemade lattes or cappuccinos in the morning. The only issue you might find with this frother is that it is not dishwasher safe and you don’t get to control the temperature. Other than that, it’s the ideal milk froth machine.
- High capacity milk frother that can hold 130 ml when it comes to milk froth preparation and 250 ml when it comes to hot milk preparation.
- It is a multipurpose milk frother than can froth hot milk so you can make delicious lattes at any time of your choosing. It can also do cold milk froth for those who love cappuccinos.
- It works in a matter of seconds with the hot milk froth process taking about 70 seconds. It also has a maximum and minimum level indicator so you don’t overdo things.
- It has a detachable base which makes it very easy to clean.
- It is quite easy to operate with a start and start button. On top of all that, it features a great design that goes with any modern kitchen.
- It is a beautifully designed and highly functional milk frothing machine that can froth different types of milk including non-dairy milk too.
If you have been looking for an easy, handheld and highly portable way of frothing milk, then you really should give the Aerolatte Milk Frother a second look. This is the kind of milk foamer that aerates your milk as its frothing and delivers a rich and thick foamy product that has a gorgeous satin finish to it. Compared to most espresso machines, this Aerolatte frother is more compact, economical and easier to use. Which makes it a favorite of many coffee lovers.
Apart from the fact that it has a beautiful design and is easy to use, it is also quite versatile. With this milk frother, you can froth a host of different types of milk including goat, hemp, whole, skim, coconut, almond, soy, cashew and most other types of non-dairy milk. Add to that the fact that it is very easy to use and you have a winner.
To use this frother, all you have to do is add either warm or cold milk of your choice to a glass, take the whisk end of the frother and submerge it into that glass, press the power button and hold it down and watch your milk froth into a rich, creamy foam in less than 60 seconds.
The only disadvantage that comes with this frother is the fact that you will love it and use it so much that you will have to frequently replace the batteries since it doesn’t use electricity. Other than that, it is the perfect milk foaming machine for those who enjoy iced coffee, mocha, cappuccino, caramel macchiato and Irish coffee. With the robust stainless steel and hard plastic foam, this machine will be in service for a long duration.
- This is a compact and highly portable milk frothing machine that is designed for efficiency.
- It is very easy to use and can travel anywhere thanks to the fact that it is battery operated and doesn’t need electricity.
- It features a slick, satin finish coupled with Aerolatte’s original steam-free milk frothing technology that allows it to make rich and highly frothy beverages even on the go.
- It’s designed to be as durable as it is efficient. It is made out of some plastic and 18/8 stainless steel. Not only is it BPA free but it is also lead, phthalates and cadmium free. Plus, it’s prop 65 Compliant making it one of the safest home appliances on the market.
- This is a handheld milk frother that is designed to take on any kind of milk including whole, goat milk, skim milk, almond milk, hemp, cashew, soy and most other non-dairy types of milk.
- It is much easier to clean and operate than most espresso machines.
As far as highly efficient milk frothers go, the HIC Milk Creamer Frother is by far one of the best and most economical options available in the market today. While other machines fall under battery operated or electric milk frothers, this one is in a class of its own. It doesn’t need neither to operate.
The lid, has a built-in plunger that comes with a double-mesh aerator complete with an easy-grip handle at the top. All you have to do to operate it is to pour the desired amount of milk into the frother (it can hold up to 14 ounces) then simply pump the easy-grip handle up and down for about 60 seconds. What you will get is a rich, foamy milk with the right kind of consistency to make the best tasting latte or cappuccino. The rich foam you get from this machine can easily transform your favorite coffee drinks into gourmet cups of delicious beverages such as iced coffee, caramel macchiato and so much more.
This is also a budget friendly option for people who want to experience the luxury that comes with having a highly effective milk foamer without breaking the bank. Not only is it easy to operate (and cost effective too) but it’s also very easy to clean.
It was designed for convenience around the modern kitchen. The handle is heat proof and it has a wide mouth which makes it very easy to serve your foamy milk once you are done frothing it. Because it has an aerator on the lid, you get rich and thick foam with little effort.
This is by far one of the most portable and transferable frother in the market. Not only does it fit right at home in a modern kitchen but it’s also one of those appliances that you can take camping with you if you want. It’s just an all-around versatile frother than can handle all types of milk including non-dairy types.
- Unlike most frother, this one is top-rack dishwasher safe making it much easier to care for and clean.
- It is extremely durable and quite versatile.
- It is made out of stainless steel and the lid has a built-in double-mesh aerator which helps to give your milk a rich and creamy foam.
- It has a 14-ounce capacity and can create deliciously frothy cream that is just perfect for topping your favorite hot or cold beverage in under 60 seconds.
- It doesn’t need batteries or electricity to operate which makes the most economical milk frother on this list.
This is one of the most versatile milk frothers in the market today. Not only can the Breville BMF600XL Café Milk Frother make silky, smooth milk for lattes and creamy froth for cappuccinos but it can also make an excellent cup of hot chocolate as well. All you have to do is add a little drinking chocolate powder, syrup or some flakes to the warming milk.
Another huge advantage that comes with this Breville milk frother is that it gives absolute control of the frothing process. While many other options on this list don’t allow you to control the temperature settings, with this frother, you can control both the temperature as well as the amount of foam you create.
Made out of stainless steel, this is a high-quality product that is both durable and easy on the eyes. Featuring an excellent design that is easy to use, this frother has detachable parts that are dishwasher safe and therefore very easy to clean.
As wonderful as this Breville frother may be, it does have a few drawbacks. For one, you can’t use it to make froth from less than one cup of milk. It has a minimum “one cup” requirement which can be a bit much for some people. Secondly, it is a little bit pricier than most other products on this list. However, if you don’t mind the price and have a big family then the fact that this frother has 1 cup minimum requirement will be a more of a benefit that a disadvantage.
- This frother is made out of stainless steel which not only makes it durable but rather easy to clean as well. Furthermore, the parts can easily be disassembled to make the cleaning process even easier.
- It has a latte frothing disc that produces smooth, silky milk for those who like to have restaurant grade lattes at home.
- It also has a cappuccino frothing disc that produces nothing but thick and creamy froth for those who like a bit of luxury every morning.
- It has the capacity to serve up to three cups at a time.
The Bonsenkitchen Electric Milk Frother is by far one of the best electric milk frothers on this list for several very good reasons. For starters, it features a very beautiful and efficient design. Designed to look a lot like a simple hand whisk, this frother is as easy to use as it is to clean and store.
As far as efficiency is concerned, a simple one-touch switch makes this frother a breeze to use. All you have to do is put your milk into a desired container (be sure to keep the milk at below 60 degrees to get the best results in terms of foam) immerse it into a container with your milk at about one third of the way through and push the button. A powerful electric motor will come on and start creating form in a very efficient and low noise level manner.
The frother will give you rich, creamy foam in less than 20 seconds. Not only is it lightweight but it’s also designed in an ergonomic manner which makes it easy to hold and operate. It works as a multipurpose machine since it can give you creamy foam for your cappuccino or act as an egg beater when you need it to do so.
Made out of food safe stainless steel material, this milk frother is easy to clean. All you have to do is put in soapy water or let fresh clean water run over it. The only disadvantage that you may experience is the fact that you will need to replace the batteries often depending on how often you use it. Other than that, this is the best milk frother for people who want something light, portable and easy to use.
- High-speed rotation allows this milk frother to be one of the fastest on this list. You can have rich, creamy foam in less than 20 seconds thanks to the electrically operated stainless steel whisk shaft.
- A beautifully ergonomic design makes this frother highly portable. As long as you have this in your bag all you will need is a source of power (2AA size batteries will do) and you can enjoy gourmet cappuccino and lattes even when on the road.
- It’s lightweight making it very easy to use.
- This is coffee milk mixer that fits in well with all kinds of kitchen decor. It comes in either black or silver and is beautifully styled to add a bit of style to your kitchen appliance repertoire.
- It is very easy to clean.
This SIMPLETASTE Milk Frother is the perfect option for people who like to multitask as they wait for their favorite beverage to get ready. It comes with a shockproof silicone base upon which the whisking top sits. All you have to do is put your milk (hot or cold) into the silicone jar, place the top and then push the button. In a matter of seconds, you will have rich, creamy foam ready for you.
This battery operated frother needs 2AA batteries to run. The whisk delivers 1200 rpm and is an excellent way to efficiently get creamy foam in less than 30 seconds. It also features a beautiful design that falls right into place with other kitchen appliances and is perfectly suited for the modern kitchen.
This milk frother is dishwasher safe thus making it very easy to clean and maintain. The only issue you might experience with it is the fact that you will have to change the 2AA batteries often depending on how often you use the frother. Other than that, this is a hands free, easy to use, even easier to clean and maintain frother that is perfect for any modern kitchen.
- A hands free milk frother that is easy to operate. It comes with a shockproof silicone base upon which the milk frother can be placed and turned on to produce rich, creamy foam automatically.
- Fast and simple to use. Milk frothing is exceptionally easy with this option. With the simple push of a button, you can have creamy milk in a matter of seconds even as you go about accomplishing other duties thanks to its hands free nature.
- Works well for both cold and hot frothing. Whether you like using hot or cold milk foam, this frother gives you the option to choose how you want your favorite beverage topped off.
- It is easy to use and clean. Thanks to the fact that it is dishwasher safe, this frother is as easy to clean as it is to use.
Things to Consider Before Buying a Milk Frother
If you are just new to this and would love to spend an obscene amount of money on lattes and cappuccinos every day, then buying yourself the best milk frother is the right option for. The list above provides you with excellent options for your consideration. However, before you choose one and buy it, it’s best to go over the basics just so you know exactly what you would like to have.
What is a Milk Frother?
To understand what a milk frother is, you first must understand what frothed milk is in general. Frothed milk is any kind of milk that has had air pushed into or through it so as to create a bubbly foam consistency. It is the air that is being pushed into or through the milk that creates the bubbles on the surface. This form is not only creamy but is very delicious and is a must-have for people who love luxurious espressos, cappuccinos, lattes and such beverages.
A milk frother is the machine used to create this deliciously rich foam on milk. It is also one of the main reasons why you pay $7 for a latte at your favorite coffee shop. Having one of these milk frothers at home will enable you to make your own foamy cappuccino right in your home kitchen.
Why Buy a Milk Frother?
One of the main reasons why you should definitely buy a milk frother is the fact that it gives you the ability to make your own delicious beverages at home. It is all about convenient. Whether you want a rich, creamy beverage at night, in the morning or in the middle of the day, with the right milk frother right in your kitchen, you can have that within a matter of seconds.
Another reason to buy a milk frother is the fact that they are relatively affordable and long lasting. Imagine how much money you would save if you don’t have to spend $7 or even $20 a day for your favorite latte? The money you spend to buy the milk frother will be recouped by how much you will save every day and more. Besides, with your own frother, you can teach yourself how to make those gourmet cups of coffee that you love so much. It’s an opportunity to learn a marketable and admirable trade.
Things to Consider When Buying the Best Milk Frother
As is the case with pretty much everything worth your money and time in a free market, there are some differences between almost every product that basically does the same thing. Milk frothers are not an exception to this rule. The list above gives you seven of the best milk frothers today. While it is true that they all basically achieve the same end (froth milk), it is also true that they are all worlds apart from each other.
Before taking out your credit card and deciding which milk frother to buy, you first must consider a few fundamental factors that will help guide you towards the right choice. Here are some things to consider when buying the best milk frother:
- Frother style: There are basically two styles of frothers – handheld and jug style. Both styles have their own advantages and disadvantages. The SIMPLETASTE Milk Frother is a jug style frother while the Bonsenkitchen Electric Milk Frother is a handheld milk frother. Jug style frothers are more convenient to use in that they allow for hands free operation while handheld frothers are more portable thus can serve you even on the road. The biggest disadvantage with jug frothers is that you are limited to how many cups of coffee you can make at a time while handheld frothers are more liberating.
- The kind of milk that it can froth: We all have our own taste and preferences when it comes to milk. Some like non-dairy while others prefer the regular kind of milk. If you are someone who has an eclectic taste in milk, then you might want to choose a frother that can froth a wide variety of milk types.
- The different temperature modes: As a rule of thumb, machines that give you as many control options as possible are often better. When it comes to milk frothers, there are those that allow you to choose the temperature settings so you can either get cold or warm foam. While warm foam can be a welcome delight in winter, it might not do in summer. Being able to choose between these two through a single frother is the kind of freedom that kitchen appliances should bring to your life.
Whether you are looking for a milk frother and warmer or just want something that will give you rich, creamy foam for your favorite beverage, buying the best milk frother is the perfect way to go. With one in your kitchen you can have as many lattes and cappuccinos as you see fit without feeling robbed. The above list represents some of the best options in the market today. Take your pick and start enjoying luxurious beverages right at home