Taking a shower means something different to everyone. Some see it as a time to relax, reflect on their day and wash their stress away, while others simply see it as a means to quickly get clean. Either way you look at it, a shower is a necessity in every household and everyday life. But that doesn’t mean you have to take any old shower with any old shower head.
If you are looking to easily upgrade your showering experience and bathroom, below are the best waterfall shower heads the market has to offer.
Joyoushousehold.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.
|HarJue 12” Rainfall Shower Head||12 inches||9.2 / 10|
|NearMoon 8” Rain Shower Head||8 inches||9.2 / 10|
|SparkPod 6” Luxury Rainfall Shower Head||6 inches||9 / 10|
|WASSA 3” High Pressure Shower Head||3 inches||9 / 10|
|DreamSpa Ulta-Luxry 9” Rainfall Shower Head and Handheld Combo||9 inches||8.8 / 10|
|AquaDance 7” Premium High Pressure 3-Way Rainfall Combo||7 inches||8.6 / 10|
1. HarJue 12” Rainfall Shower Head
The HarJue name may not be the most well known shower head brand, but its 12” high-pressure shower head will provide you with a full coverage rainfall shower experience like any other big name shower brand could. With a 4.3 out of 5 star rating on Amazon, this wall mounted shower head is made of 304 stainless steel for rust prevention and comes with an 11” solid brass adjustable shower arm.
Also available in a 10” rainfall shower head, the elegant and sleek design, along with its chrome finish, provides a luxury look and feel without a luxury price tag.
- Flat and square stainless steel shower head with a brass interface and water flow rate of 2.5 gallons per minute.
- Rotation ability of 360 degrees and 144 self-cleaning high-pressure silicone nozzles to prevent hard water deposits.
- Adjustable shower arm of 180 degree to meet your desired height and angle.
- Purchase includes: extra water filter, specialty wrench and Teflon tape.
2. NearMoon 8” Rain Shower Head
NearMoon is known to have quality bathroom fixtures with sleek designs, and their 8” Rain Shower Head is no exception. This solid stainless steel shower head has an ultra-thin design and air-in technology to produce a high-pressure spray. Mounted on the wall, its 11” solid brass shower arm is durable and suitable for any shower size.
With its modern circle design and shower head size options of 8”, 10” and 12”, it should come as no surprise that NearMoon’s 8” Rain Shower Head has a 4.6 out of 5 star rating on Amazon.
- 100% heavy-duty stainless steel rain shower head with a water flow rate of 2.5 gallons per minute.
- 90 flexible food-grade silicone nozzles provide a high-pressure rainfall shower and prevent build-up of lime scale.
- Screw on shower head and shower arm comes with: NearMoon wrench, additional water filter, Teflon tape and instruction manual.
3. SparkPod 6” Luxury Rainfall Shower Head
As Amazon’s “#1 trusted brand for fixed shower heads” SparkPod offers an array of luxury shower heads with a promise of customer satisfaction. Living up to this promise is their 6” Luxury Rainfall Shower Head, which evenly distributes water flow for a high-pressure monsoon rain shower. Built with rust proof ABS plastic and chrome plated, the shower head is fixed on a swivel ball joint and contains 90 rubber power jets for a superior rainfall shower.
Achieving 4.7 stars out of 5 on Amazon, the wall mounted SparkPod 6” Luxury Rainfall Shower Head offers a quick and easy shower head upgrade. Amidst its timeless design and full chrome finish you will be immersed in a downpour of luxury.
- Round rainfall shower head features a built in water flow restrictor to achieve a maximum flow rate of 2.5 gallons per minute.
- Shower head jets are easy to clean and prevent hard water build-up.
- 6” universal shower head connects to standard ½” shower arm.
- Purchase includes Teflon tape and an additional water filter.
- Comes with a money back guarantee of 30 days and a free replacement warranty of 1 year.
4. WASSA 3” High Pressure Shower Head
Although only 3”, WASSA’s High Pressure Shower Head is equipped with 45 silicon jets that produce a powerful rain spray. Situated on a brass swivel ball and containing a stainless steel filter, this rainfall shower head is ideal for those who are looking for a rain shower that is both relaxing and rejuvenating.
Featuring self-cleaning nozzles that prevent hard water deposits and bacteria. The compact rain shower is made of high-quality ABS plastic that results in a durable, simple and efficient shower head with a lifetime guarantee.
If that’s still not enough for you, this high-pressure shower head received 4.8 out of 5 stars on Amazon and is available in three sleek finish options that suit any bathroom aesthetic.
- Finishes include: chrome, brushed nickel and oil-rubbed bronze.
- Has a maximum flow rate of 2.5 gallons per minute and is best suited for those who prefer water pressure on the higher end.
- Rain shower easily connects to a ½” thread and comes with Teflon tape.
- Lifetime guarantee of full refund or replacement for product quality problems.
5. DreamSpa Ulta-Luxry 9” Rainfall Shower Head and Handheld Combo
For a functional and affordable shower head upgrade, a rainfall shower head and handheld combo is the most sensible option.
In this all chrome combo, the 9” square wall mounted rainfall shower head is accompanied by a 4.75” oval handheld shower head with a 60” stainless steel shower hose. The handheld shower head features flow control settings at a push of a button. With an Amazon star rating of 4.2 out of 5, this contemporary shower system is both smart and stylish.
- Flow features include: high-pressure rain, massage jet and waterfall, with a standard 2.5 gallons flow rate.
- Solid brass ball joint helps to easily adjust the shower head angle for the optimal rainfall shower.
- Easily install the rainfall shower head to any standard ½” overhead shower arm.
- Shower system includes: 2-way water diverter, adjustable overhead bracket, adjustable hand shower wall bracket and instruction manual.
- Purchase comes with an instant return or exchange policy and a limited lifetime warranty.
6. AquaDance 7” Premium High Pressure 3-Way Rainfall Combo
Combining personality and practicality, the AquaDance 7” Premium High Pressure shower system offers a matching rainfall showerhead and handheld showerhead with 6 settings. This versatile combo includes a wall mounted 7” circular faced rainfall showerhead and a 4” circular faced handshower, along with 3-way water diverter technology so you can use both showerheads at the same time.
With a 4.4 out of 5 Amazon rating, this waterfall showerhead system is full of options and is available in three luxurious finishes: chrome, brushed nickel and oil-rubbed bronze.
- Both showerheads have a 6-setting dial of: power rain, power mist, rain mist, rain massage, pulsating massage jet and pause mode.
- Wall mount showerhead fits a standard ½” shower arm and has a 2.5 gallon water flow rate per minute.
- Rain showerhead combo comes with: 60” stainless steel shower hose, washers, Teflon tape and installation manual.
- US lifetime warranty with customer service agents available via phone and email.
What is a Waterfall Shower Head?
A waterfall shower head, also referred to as a rainfall shower head, is a shower head that disperses water in a waterfall or rain like fashion – hence the name.
Unlike a regular wall mount fixed shower head that sprays water directly towards your head or upper body, the waterfall shower head is an overhead shower that provides a full coverage waterfall effect.
As if you were taking a shower in the rain or under a waterfall, the water flows directly down and tranquilly washes away. Immersing you in a nature inspired shower experience from head to toe.
Why Buy a Waterfall Shower Head?
Available in various shapes, colours and styles, a waterfall shower head can fit any bathroom aesthetic you desire. Resulting in a quick and easy bathroom revamp that harnesses the relaxing powers of a waterfall and modern sophistication into a bathroom shower head.
Opposed to the average fixed shower head, a waterfall shower head offers an upgraded shower experience. As the water rains down on you and runs off your body, the waterfall shower head provides you with full coverage droplets of relaxation.
Although waterfall shower heads are typically mounted on the ceiling to help accomplish the waterfall effect, they can also be mounted on the wall where most shower heads reside. This can be especially helpful if you are planning on installing the shower head yourself.
In addition to the wall mount feature, some waterfall shower systems also include a handheld shower head that has the same spray pattern as the waterfall shower head it comes with. The handheld shower head often includes water flow features such as massage jet, mist, rain and waterfall. Providing you with options for your shower needs and bathroom design.
Things to Consider
Before you start shopping for a waterfall or rainfall shower there are a few essentials elements you need to take into consideration:
Water Pressure – Although waterfall shower heads use the same amount of water as regular shower heads, waterfall shower heads often have low water pressure. This is due to the diameter of the waterfall shower head being larger to help achieve the waterfall/rainfall effect. If you prefer high water pressure, ensure you look for a waterfall shower head that indicates it is high pressure.
Piping – Determine what type of piping you have in your shower before you decide what waterfall shower head you want. This will help to narrow your search, since most showers have wall piping and not ceiling piping.
Overhead Shower Arm – If you want a waterfall shower head but you have wall piping, you can purchase an overhead shower arm. Shower arms often range from 12” to 16” and can help to raise the height of the shower head, as if it were on a ceiling mount.
Installation – Depending on what waterfall shower head you choose, as well as your budget, you might need to get the shower head professionally installed. Examine the shower head installation requirements before purchasing.
Size – Waterfall shower heads typically range from 8” to 12”, but can be as small as 3”. Assess what type of shower experience you want to achieve, including water spray and flow rate, and don’t forget to measure your shower to ensure the shower head will fit.
Shape – Once you’ve determined the ideal shower head size and shower experience you are after, look at different waterfall shower head shapes to find the shower system that best fits your bathroom design and personal style.
Colour – For a sleek and contemporary look, match your new waterfall shower head to your existing hardware, including a shower panel and shower accessories.
LED Shower – For additional ambience, an LED shower head and shower hose with LED rings present a happy medium between fun and fashionable. Lighting up red for hot, blue for cold and green for warm, the LED lights change colour with the water temperature and are run on water pressure to provide you with an illuminated experience. Depending on what brand you buy, LED colours can also include: purple, orange, yellow, fuchsia and aqua.
Ease of Use – Read the shower system description carefully to see if the shower head comes with any features or settings, as some waterfall shower heads come with spray settings, massage features and LED lights that are controlled by buttons and/or dials.
Risks and Warnings
When doing any home renovations or installations you always run the risk of doing them incorrectly. For waterfall shower heads and shower systems remember to:
Consult a Professional – If you are uncertain as to what shower head and/or shower arm you need and how to install it, consult a professional. At the end of the day, it’s better to stay safe and call a plumber or contracter than run the risk of incorrectly installing the shower head or installing the wrong shower head.
Check for Warranty – Confirm if your desired waterfall shower head or system comes with a warranty and/or policy. If you accidentally purchase the wrong shower head or are displeased with the shower head you purchased, it is crucial you are able to return or exchange it.
Keep it Clean – Like any household item, ensure you clean your shower head often so bacteria won’t build-up.
Once you’ve experienced what a waterfall or rainfall shower has to offer, going back to a regular shower head will feel substantially obsolete.